Saturday, January 26, 2008

Could Bedard's Days In Baltimore Be Over?

IMG_3363


Folks, I have the strong feeling based on the rumblings from Seattle, the words of Bedard yesterday and Andy MacPhail's deliberate methodology, our lefty ace will be gone before the month is up.

Here's what Erik said again:

"If they don't want me, that's the best thing to do," Bedard said in a phone interview with The Sun. "Obviously, they don't want to keep me because there are a lot more talks [about] trading me than signing me. What am I supposed to do? I just go with the flow. I'll keep it as it is, and go with it, day by day."

I got roasted in a way on Oriole Magic, and while I'd love Bedard to stay in Baltimore and build up his resume; alas, let's see the forest from the trees. The Orioles will not contend until 2010, at the earliest (assuming the plan develops sooner rather than later) and there's no point in keeping such a valuable commodity.

The team needs to rebuild and start over, and trading Bedard and Roberts is painful, it needs to be done. Now, if Bedard wants to stick around -- great; however, if he does not want to be in a rebuilding process, he needs to be done a favor and be sent to contender. Baltimore has a commodity, and they need to take advantage of it while the value is high.

Roch Kubatko of the Baltimore Sun goes a tad further, but I'll be surprised if he's an Oriole for much longer.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads