Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Orioles Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Joe Voss Has Resigned

I got this news from Ben of Oriole Central and also caught a thread on this on Orioles Hangout.

Anyhow, it looks like Orioles Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Joe Voss has resigned.

This is what Drew Forrester of WNST posted on his blog earlier via WNST today:


Posted by: Drew Forrester 5/2/2007 10:22 AM

I reported at 9:30 am this morning that Joe Foss - the O’s Vice Chairman - has stepped down after nearly 14 seasons with the club.

Not sure if it’s a “true resignation” or the “Davey Johnson-type resignation” (code word for: terminated), but my people are saying Joe took a new position with Erickson Retirement Communities. Evidently, this is something HE wanted.

Anyway, I consider this to be MAJOR news. Not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing, from an operations standpoint, but the fact that the #2 guy (Peter, of course, is #1 and Foss would have to be #2) has stepped down is a significant development, I believe.

We’ll have more on it throughout the day both here at wnst.net and on the air at WNST 1570 AM.

DF


Well, in my travels, I have heard the name a few times, but it really didn’t ring of any significance to me in terms of just me being a fan. However, anytime someone leaves a position of importance such as Mr. Foss had, it’s always a cause for concern and analysis.

The reason for his departure could simply be that he wants a new opportunity in life, and start something anew, or maybe there might have been a problem.

I have no clue.

According to the various forums, he was more on the financial, sales side, rather than player/team area.

Honestly, unless something major happens organizational-wise where it will affect the fans, I don’t know if it will be earth-shattering.

I have never met the individual, or chatted with him at all, so I cannot say much more.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads