Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Orioles Quick Hits

Hey ya'll - I'm back to help Maryland Orioles' Fan with the blog for this week, and hopefully more weeks to come.


****

Not much has happened with the Orioles this past week, outside the Aubrey Huff dilemma. I didn't mind it so much when I intially thought he had just called us a horse**** town because of the nightlife - but after reading the transcripts availible online, his actions made me sick to my stomach.



I don't care if you don't like Baltimore, but he is getting paid to play here, and really should have thought twice before appearing on the radio show and saying what he did. It's irresponsible for a public figure to put themselves in that situation, and you would think the drama of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and the like would have taught some sort of lesson. I guess not.



****



The Orioles new mailbag takes a look at filling the 3 and 4 holes in the batting lineup, Luis Hernandez and Brandon Fahey's spots on the team, getting a true powerhitter and prospect Chorye Spoon's chances at making the majors. Spencer Fordin provides insightful answers to these questions, based mostly on what he thinks should/will happen. Your thoughts?



One of the question/answer sets brought up a good point - Nick Markakis lead the O's with 23 homeruns but the main power hitters in the past had a down year in 2007, to put it lightly - Ramon Hernandez, Huff, and Jay Gibbons. Fordin seems to think that Gibbons will be back in an O's uniform next year, and that he'll return to power if his shoulder rehab goes as planned. Personally, as much of a Gibbons fan as I am, it might be time for Jay to move on, and find success elsewhere - but the Orioles might have to eat some of his contract. It's hard to say what will happen with him. As for Huff, in light of the above actions, I'm not so sure I want to see him back in an O's uniform either. Time will tell with all three of these players.



****



Today at 11am EST was a live chat with Nolan Reimold during the Arizona Fall League. The chat wasn't loading for me when I tried to get in - did it work for anyone else? If you happened to catch it, or find a transcript or recap, let me know. Nolan was supposed to be talking about the AFL, but I'm sure questions about the Orioles came up as well. I was interested in hearing what he had to say.



****



Sorry for the short post for now, but look for more from me during this coming week - I'll be sure to post information as I come across it. As always, feel free to comment, or email me and let me know what you think. I can be reached at BMSequestrian@yahoo.com



~B

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads