Saturday, February 17, 2007

Quick Hits: MLB Stuffage

Miguel Cabrera getting a huge raise: Miguel Cabrera won his arbitration case and will make $7.4 million in 2007. Cabrera was offered $6.7 million by the Marlins in his first year of arbitration.

Tom Glavine: Tom Glavine made it sound like 2007 would be his final year in an interview on Friday.

"If I don't win 300 games this year for some reason, then I will play next year," Glavine said. "Unless my arm blows out and that's the end of it. Barring something crazy, assuming I have a good year and I win 300 games, I'm not going to sit here and say that I won't play. But it would take an awful lot for me to play next year, and I don't mean monetarily. I just mean it would really have to be some unfinished business or some tremendous burning desire for me to go out there and play another year at this point."


Right now, Glavine is 10 wins away from 300.

Willy Mo Pena: Outfielder Willy Mo Pena and the Red Sox agreed to a one-year contract worth $1,875,000, thus avoiding an arbitration hearing.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads