Saturday, March 28, 2009

Guthrie Struggles, O's Win Thanks to Late Rally

The Orioles downed the Marlins, 9-7, thanks to a late rally and two home runs from Luke Scott, a homer from Ryan Freel along with a three-run home run from Ty Wigginton. Aside from the come-from-behind win, the huge story of the day was Jeremy Guthrie.

In his second spring training start after the World Baseball Classic, Guthrie struggled badly again in the first frame, but bounced back. He gave up six runs -- all earned -- on four hits with two walks in the opening inning; however, he setlled down and finally finished his day's work in the 5th inning.

Here's what he told MASN's Roch Kubatko after the game:

"I felt really good," he said. "I know I've said that a couple times, but I just made a poor changeup to Ramirez. I don't know if it was the right selection. It definitely wasn't the right execution of the pitch and he hit it.

"I was frustrated. I felt like I wasted a pitch. I tried to throw a changeup for no real reason. I wasn't committed to it and I gave up a two-run homer. It's frustrating. The guy (Emilio Bonifacio) got a nice bunt hit, then a two-run homer, and it's just like the last game. I've thrown six, seven pitches and it's 2-0."

>>> Read More

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads