It is snowing in Baltimore - like a lot.
If I don't make it out, if I don't survive SNOWPOCALYPSE 2010, I need someone to make sure that the following things happen in 2010:
1) Brian Matusz becomes the official "Ace" of the staff by July
2) Miguel Tejada will not be retained simply because he IS Miguel Tejada if the young Josh Bell is tearing through AAA.
3) Movie night at the Ballpark will return multiple times in 2010. Also, the following movies will be shown: "The Sandlot," "The Blues Brothers," "Ghostbusters" and "Major League."
4) National Bohemian returns to Camden Yards. It costs no more than four dollars. I was spoiled for one glorious summer and I want more. Moreover, if the Orioles need to add local flavor then they need to go to Clipper City's McHenry brew.
5) The second Garrett Atkins struggles Brandon Snyder gets brought up.
6) Blogger Night at the Ballpark becomes an annual event. However, it gets renamed: "Tha James C. Baker Memorial Festival of Internet Baseball Reporting, with Free Crabcakes"
7) Someone needs to step up and lead section 334, everynight, in the Baltimore Community Spelling Bee. It is a Baltimore tradition that simply can not freeze and die with me.
8) Nick Markakis needs to have a new intro-song. Seriously Nick, seriously. I know you like country music but there has to be something better than that you can pull out. They are called The Old 97's, learn them - love them.
9) Anyone who snarkily criticizes the "Oh!" during the national anthem earns nothing but scorn and derision.
10) Last, but most importantly. Please, continue to support the Orioles. No matter how bad it gets, always get behind the orange and black. Baseball can not go the way of the dinosaur in Baltimore. The hill is tall, the fight will be intense but I have the feeling we are on the verge of something special.
If I don't make it out of the blizzard - make sure these things happen.