Monday, October 31, 2011

A simple request

The World Series is over and it was one for the ages. The St. Louis Cardinals largely came out of nowhere to make the playoffs on the last day of the season and did not quit. David Freese, essentially a background figure during the regular season, had one of the best postseasons in history and Cardinals fans everywhere were celebrating.

Watching this series it gives me only one thought: I am getting older.

I will turn 29 in February, I will be getting married in March, I have a career and greater responsibilities than I once had and I will only be getting more. Growing up is a wonderful thing and I look forward to the rest of my life with my fiancee and career and future family. So please, please Orioles - bring me postseason baseball while I am still young enough to enjoy it.

I want to be watching games late into the night. If I can't be IN the stadium I want to be on the street outside waiting to scream my lungs out. I want to eat, drink and be merry well into the wee hours of the morning on a fateful game seven. Now I can do all of these things when I am a bit older as many do, but as the Orioles are looking down the barrel of a 15th straight losing season next year one begins to wonder if the Orioles will be entering a Chicago or even a Boston-like drought.

I wrote a little bit ago the the Orioles need to make the last night of the season "count". The Rays, for example, did not. They were bounced as out of the first round before a home crowd that was in a stadium that was 1/5th empty. On top of everything else there are reports that have stated the Rays may actually have to cut payroll again next year.

>>> Read More

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads