Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year; Lee & LaRoche

Happy New Year everyone, and hope your Saturday is going well wherever you are in the world.

For the most part, it seems my partner James, the mainstream media, bloggers and fans are in approval for the Derrek Lee acquisition by the Orioles.

It would be a big surprise if Lee was a complete flop. From what I have seen, the guy comes off as a complete professional and will not embarrass the organization on and off the field.

In addition, Lee is only signed for one year; therefore, he will probably be hungry for perhaps another lengthy (or final) contract. He had a thumb injury last season which perhaps affected his at-the-plate and if he’s healthy, I’d expect him to serve the team well.

Certainly, Lee will not be like a former Cub – Sammy Sosa.

Well, at least I hope not.

I guess LaRoche’s demands came to be a bit much for the Orioles, and they moved on.

We know what LaRoche brings, but I think Lee has a better bat and is certainly proficient with the glove. I just hope the Orioles can break out with a strong start to 2010 and keep everyone motivated.

Other than that, while I think the Orioles are much improved from the team that were last season, they will certainly not contend.

Stranger things have happened, but I don’t see the Orioles becoming an elite team despite the strong showing they have had so far under manager Buck Showalter.

I do believe that the Orioles do need another starter, more bullpen help and a better bench.

>>> Read More

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads