Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Live: The All-Star Game

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. I am at Kinko's now, and my laptop decided to break down on me this week. It's not turning on for some reason, and I was screwed. So I bought a cheap one from Best Buy, and while it is not nearly as good as the 'problem child', it's doing the job.

I'm working on a way to get pictures from the week onto the blog for you all.

Well, for those of you who got to see the All-Star Game on TV, it was a sight to behold. For anyone who has never been to one, I highly recommend you go to at least one before you die.

The whole thing is a spectacle and quite a production, although I will the 2006 edition of the All-Star Game was a lot better than this year's in San Francisco.

I'll have more thoughts about the game later, as I just woke up.

The other thing is that it is bone chilling cold here. I'm not used to 50-60 degree weather in July.

We had incredible seats for the Sunday events and the Home Run Derby; however, we ended up with SRO (Standing Room Only) for the game itself, but we had an incredible view of the park in the upper deck.

Other impressions:

  • The love here for Barry Bonds (at least in the ballpark) was beyond unconditional.
  • The interaction between the fans and the players was almost non-existent, except during the Red Carpet Parade...
  • Very few players signed at the park for fans which was kind of appalling.
  • AT&T Park is beautiful; however, it is fairly small and has a lot of similarities with PNC Park in Pittsburgh.
  • Got to shake Cal Ripken's hand after I had a Maryland shirt on, and he shook my hand so hard and with he being in a moving vehicle, I nearly got pushed 20 feet in the other direction.
  • The weather here is great, and for those who have not been to San Francisco, it is a splendid city.
  • Ichiro Suzuki put on a show in batting practice, as although he is known as a slap hitter, he's got amazing power, and put one into McCovey Cove.
  • Apparently the Baseball Tonight show was banned from the All-Star Game for announcing the rosters early...

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads