Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rally in Baltimore on November 12th for the Orioles...

Well, I have not done much Orioles news as of late because...

a) my real job has taken over for the last month...

b) there frankly has not been a lot to talk about as we are waiting for the season to end...

However, I took a quick look at Pete Schmuck's blog on the Sun site, and if you'll be in the area on November 12th, there's an O's related rally taking place.

I have no idea if I'll be there, as I have no idea what my job will entail from day to day...

Don't get your hopes up. It's a little late for the Orioles to rally now, but the team is planning a big fan rally on Wednesday, Nov. 12 at Harborplace and has sent out invitations to season ticket holders. There has been a lot of speculation on the various O's message boards that it will be to unveil the team's new uniforms, the road version of which will -- as reported in The Baltimore Sun this summer -- have BALTIMORE on the front.

We've done a little poking around and determined that some of the posters and bloggers around here are pretty smart. Indeed, the rally will be to launch the new uniforms, which will feature some other changes along with the return of the geographical designator on the out-of-town jerseys.

The Orioles are pretty mum on this because they don't want to let the cap out of the bag, so to speak, but there are rumors they've come up with a new, fiercer bird logo. That would be interesting. I've included the current ornithological bird logo on the right. I guess you could try to imagine it as a blood-thirsty, talon-baring, hawk-like creature, but we're getting way ahead of ourselves. The bird makeover is just a rumor.
I'll looking forward to seeing this -- and why not, it will be cool to see what new the jerseys look like and as well what surprises are in store.

I've never been one to be real big on uniforms (unless they are ungodly hideous), but I'm curious to see the roadies.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads