Thursday, February 16, 2012

FanFest Notes and Thoughts: Zach Britton

During Orioles FanFest, southpaw Zach Britton spoke with the media for a couple of minutes.

Britton answered questions about his prepration for Spring Training, his up-and-down year. In addition, he spoke about the rotation, the additions to the roster and a few other things.

Here are some quotes and notes I was able to pick up from him.

Is he excited for Spring Training?

Yah, I think this (Fan Fest) kind of kicks of the season for us. So we’re all excited. We’ve been doing that mini-camp since Tuesday. I’ve been working hard and everything and it’s nice to get everyone back in the clubhouse – throwing together, working out together, so we’re all excited to make the trip.

Are you in a different space/position heading into Spring Training?

Yah, definitely. I mean, you have some of that again this year, obviously. We brought in a lot of starting pitchers, and we knew that was going to happen, and you’re going to have to fight for your job again.

It’s a little bit different this year for me; I have taken some steps – obviously, I have not started throwing bullpens, whereas, last year, I was ten deep at this point. I’m trying to pace myself, so I don’t at the end of the season, I don’t get burnt out like I did last year.

Improvements to be made, anything he’s looking to do for Spring Training?

I think a big thing that me and Matt have talked about – we actually just talked about it the other day at the field – was maybe throwing in like a slow breaking pitch.

That’s something that I necessarily didn’t have – all my pitches were all around the same speed last year. Not a huge difference, so maybe have a different look – maybe throwing a slow breaking ball.

That’s maybe something me and Matt together in spring are going to probably work on with Rick (Adair), and then, obviously, improving my fastball command. That’s something I’ve already started right now, just that way you throw – you can improve your fastball command, making you sure focusing on what you’re while playing catch.

>>> Read More

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads