Friday, March 16, 2012

Andy Pettitte Rejoins Yankees

I guess Andy Pettitte didn't find retirement all that appealing as he re-signed with the Yankees this morning...

From the Yankees.com: Andy Pettitte is coming back to the Yankees. The 240-game winner signed a Minor League contract on Friday and will slip his old No. 46 back on in an attempt to restart his career.

The contract is worth $2.5 million, YES Network's Jack Curry reported.

Pettitte, 39, did not pitch in 2011 and had already made two visits to the Yankees' Spring Training camp this year as a guest instructor, throwing batting practice and saying that he was keeping his left arm in shape by tossing to his children.

Speaking at George M. Steinbrenner Field on Feb. 27, Pettitte said that he was content with his decision to retire but believed he could make a comeback if he so desired.

"I'm sure I could," Pettitte said that day. "You start training, working out and getting yourself into shape, I'd imagine you could. I retired, I felt, after one of my better years. I felt like I was at the point where I just kind of knew what I was doing mechanically out there on the mound. I retired to go home and be with my family."

If Pettitte still has something left in the tank, well, he could make the Yankees even that much formidable.

>>> Read More

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads