Last night, reporter and columnist, Dan Connolly of The Baltimore Sun said that Gregg Zaun has agreed to a one year contract with the Orioles that includes a team option for 2010.
He will earn $1.5 million in 2009 and the Orioles have the option of paying him $2MM in 2010 or buying him out for $500,000. The veteran catcher should get the bulk of the starts behind the plate before uber-prospect Matt Wieters starts his majoe league career.
- Baltimore Orioles single game tickets go on sale Saturday at 10am. It will be interesting to see the ratio of out-of-town fans versus Oriole fans in the park this season.
- With spring training coming up within the month, the Orioles have released a list of players who have been invited to camp.
- Pete Kerzel of Pressbox believes that Orioles should trot out the kids in 2009...
- Nick Markakis, George Sherrill & Luke Scott have filed for arbitration, ensuring that the trio should at least get a nice, hefty payday in the next few weeks.
- Orioles Hangout gives their take on the Gregg Zaun deal.