ESPN Zone Baltimore—the sports dining and entertainment mecca's flagship location—opened in July 1998. Over the past 10 years, it has proved to be a cornerstone in the development of the city’s Inner Harbor. Complete with more than 100 HD television screens, and outdoor dining pier, and a sports arena full of interactive sports-themed attractions, ESPN Zone Baltimore has been a paradise for sports fans for the past decade.
ESPN Zone will be joined by a handful of local athletes, including:
- · Brooks Robinson, Orioles - On July 11th, baseball Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson will be on hand for a Q&A with the fans.
- · Bill Swaggerty, Orioles - Baltimore's Bill Swaggerty, a member of the 1983 World Series Champion Orioles, will make an appearance July 12th along with the Oriole Bird and University of Maryland Testudo.
- · Dan Wilcox, Ravens - The Ravens tight end will headline ESPN Zone's "Play Against the Pros" on July 12. Fans will pay to play Wilcox in the Sports Arena, with all proceeds benefiting Wilcox's foundation -- Empowerment MINDS.
- · Sagu, Baltimore Blast - Fans will have a chance to match their skills to Baltimore Blast soccer star Sagu in a Play Against the Pros event on July 11.
- · Nero, Baltimore Blast - Fans will go one-on-one with Baltimore Blast soccer's Nero in a Play Against the Pros event on July 11.
- · Orioles Bird & University of Maryland Testudo - Both mascots will join in on the fun July 12, complete with autograph signings and pictures with the fans.
To receive more information about ESPN Zone's 10th anniversary or schedule an interview with an ESPN Zone representative, please contact Grant Marek at (310) 578-7050.