Saturday, February 3, 2007

Quick Hits: O's Stuff, Pavano and MLB Stuffage

* Roch Kubtako updated his blog and recollects on Larry Bigbie, former Oriole and a story on Sidney Ponson.

* Orioles.com Spencer Fordin updates on prospects playing winter ball, as well as Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada taking on ambassador role in the Caribbean World Series.

* Did anyone watch the real long Caribbean World Series games on MASN last night?

MLB Stuffage:

Should the Yankees Demand a Refund? Oft-injured Yankee, Carl Pavano says he’s ready to pitch in the big leagues. All the New York papers give their take, but here are a few quotes that got my attention.

Earlier in the week, teammate Mike Mussina said Pavano "needs to earn the trust from the players, the coaches, the manager and the organization."

"I welcome any kind of thoughts like that, especially from my teammates, especially from someone that I respect like Mike Mussina," Pavano said during a telephone conference call.

"I couldn't really have said it better myself. I understand the position I put myself in with the things that have happened over the last couple of years," Pavano added. "I totally understand why there's question marks."

Carl, the last I remember, you’re getting 10 million dollars a year for non-performance - guaranteed.

Hell, if ended up injured away from my job, I’d only get 60% pay from disability. You make more than 300 times the average American, so would it not surprise him that fans and his teammates are so upset over the way the injuries were covered up.

Pavano has been working out, training and Arizona and says he’s in good shape for the season.

I’d be curious to know what Yankee fans think.

***

* Adam LaRoche avoided arbitration with the Pittsburgh Pirates and agreed to a one year, $3.2 million dollar contract. As well, his teammate, John Grabow, avoided arbitration and agreed to a one-year contract for $832,500.

* Alex Rios of the Blue Jays agreed to Friday to a $2,535,000, one-year contract and avoided salary arbitration.

* Jim Parque is attempting a comeback after being out of baseball three seasons with shoulder trouble, has agreed on a minor league contract with the Seattle Mariners. He formerly pitched for the Chicago White Sox & Arizona Diamondbacks.

* The Colorado Rockies re-signed re-signed Josh Fogg to a one-year contract worth $3.625 million.

* The Milwaukee Brewers gave catcher Johnny Estrada a $3.4 million, one-year contract on Friday.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads