Thursday, April 17, 2008

View of the Attendance Figures -- FROM WHITE SOX FANS!!!

This is just depressing, and the quotes you'll see below in a few minutes are from White Sox fans around the country from the MLB Board.

Here are a couple of posts I found:

Quote One: It looked like there were 703 people in the park for last night's game. I have never in my life seen the Orioles not be a popular draw. Even when they were struggling in the mid-to-late 80s and in the latter part of the Ripken era they packed in the fans, both to the old Memorial Stadium and to the new park.

It's strange to see the Orioles fall off the table in popularity. I thought it would take an atomic bomb to turn Orioles fans away from the park... turns out all it took was 10-plus years of bad baseball, bad ownership, unlikeable players, and maybe a team in DC stealing some of their thunder.

Quote Two:
...The Orioles used to be one of the premier franchies in baseball. Peter Angelos has ruined this franchise, and it could take decades to repair the harm he has inflicted.

I always enjoyed the Orioles. Tickets at one time were impossible to score. And that was not that long ago. Now, they are begging for walk-ups.

Quote Three: ...That being said, if I was an Orioles fan, there's no way you could get me to go out and spend money on the team they're fielding this year. They've got one dude who I like to watch and a bunch of young guys and/or bums. I'm not surprised no one's going to their games.

Quote Four: I couldn't agree more. Coming into baseball as a kid in the late 70s I have always had a lot of respect for the Orioles, and they had until the last few years been one of my teams to pull for when the Sox were out of the playoff hunt.

I've have a good friend who was born and raised in Maryland and used to live and die Orioles baseball. Even he shrugs his shoulders now.

Sad. Just sad. All these quote (not made up by me, BTW) coming from fans watching on TV last night.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads