Friday, December 15, 2006

Leo Mazzone Ready for '07...

It looks like Leo is ready for camp this year! After less than a stellar first year as chief of the pitching staff, it looks like Mazzone is pumped up to see what he can do this season and work his magic like he did with the Braves. After not being able to work with his pitchers last season due to the World Baseball Classic to the failures of his pitching staff, to trying to instill confidence in his young pitchers, in 07' Mazzone is ready to rock. Along with the Orioles upgraded bullpen, the success of Bedard and Cabrera's 1-hitter against the Yankees, the O's under Mazzone will possibly see a lot of improvement and the keys as to how the Atlanta Braves racked up 14 straight division titles.

From the article by Spender Fordin on the Orioles.com website, Leo says, "I can't wait, because I have a feel for the lay of the land now. And with the additions we've made and the potential of our starting rotation, I'm very excited about it," he said. "It's a lot different for me this year, knowing how things work in Baltimore. I'll be more adjusted, and it should be much more comfortable for me. I'll be the first to admit that last year in Spring Training, I felt a little awkward. I didn't want to be this guy coming in and changing everything."

Link: http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061215&content_id=1761753&vkey=news_bal&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads