Monday, December 25, 2006

The Worst Christmas Gift Ever: My Mom Didn't Know and the Infiltration of Derek Jeter into My Life...

Ok, my mother knows I am a baseball fan and adore the Baltimore Orioles, and her extent of baseball knowledge does not go farther than that.

She figures she'd get me something baseball related...

She got me cologne. She got me ... Derek Jeter's Driven Cologne!

Upon opening the gift, it was an internal reaction I never had before. I looked and looked and told my mom thanks, but she didn't understand that my X-mas will be a downer now.

Being an O's fan, especially after '96, this goes further than getting the bad sweater or hard fruitcake. This to me is bad, yes, it's only liquid and chemicals, and my mother didn't know what it represents, but it was tough accepting the gift. It's out of love and my mother was being thoughtful and Jeter is a good guy, but it's what the gift represents -- the New York Yankees!

However, I got some courage and opened the box which stored the cologne. I sprayed it and took a whiff, and actually is not that bad. It has a masculine tint to it, as the smell isn't too strong and perhaps serves just right.

I'll get over it, but I didn't need Derek Jeter and the Yankees in my life like that...

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads