Friday, December 22, 2006

A Requiem for Elrod Hendricks...


Mike Boehm on Orioles Magic, part of the mvn.com website has posted a wonderful article on his blog about the late, great Elrod Hendricks. I found this while surfing the web today and it's a great read. Today is his birthday, and Mike wrote this article in tribute to him. He meant a lot me, and certainly him as well.

Myself, I saw him all the time at Oriole Park and got an autograph from him, but the only time I spoke with him at length was when I was in Boston three years ago at Fenway Park and incidentally had seats near the Baltimore bullpen. I introduced myself to him with my Orioles gear on and told him a little about myself. Rather than blow me off or say he was busy, we talked for 10 minutes about my trip, what I did for a living and the Orioles.

Such a class act and nice man. Elrod needs to have his number retired or something needs to be done in his name for his contributions to Baltimore and the Oriole organization

Thanks very much Mike!

Link: http://mvn.com/mlb-orioles/2006/12/22/happy-birthday-elrod/#comment-17



No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads