Saturday, December 16, 2006

A-Rod Contemplating Retirement?

Well, as I am just catching up on some reading, I just caught an article on the NY Times about the possibility of Alex Rodriguez not playing after his massive 10 year contract runs out. According to the article by Michael S. Schmidt, Alex Rodriguez told Bob Costas in a nationally syndicated radio interview that he might not play once his current 10-year contract expired after the 2010 season.

Since I started this blog, I have not mentioned A-Rod in any shape or form. I don't know if I see him retiring and leaving the game, but I definitely see him in another uniform besides the Yankee pinstripes. After the hate and dismay he's gotten from the New York media and Yankee fans, I thought he's not be cut out for the Yankees, like many other players that have passed through that city for the elusive ring.


If anyone read SI's article a few months ago about A-Rod & his relationships on the Yakees, I thought he'd be a goner after the season and sent along his away to another team. As well, I felt at the time that A-Rod would not continue on with the Yankees and he'd pad up his numbers somewhere else. However, he has a lot of pride in light of what is said about him, and he'd seen as a failure if he left the team. As well, after the drama with Jeter and his struggles in June, I assumed Cashman would have traded him.

However, who else in the league would put up his numbers? That's why he's a Yankee still today.

Personally, I enjoy seeing A-Rod play, and I think it's asinine that fans rail on him. Whether it is the contract or not, even I think he's not lived up to his potential, perhaps because of his contract and his previous body of work.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads