Friday, May 4, 2007

Gag Me With a Spoon -- Tom Brady

I saw this last night on ESPN SportsCenter and nearly dropped my jaw.

Super Bowl hero and golden boy, Tom Brady was caught walking down the street with a Yankees cap in New York City although he plays for the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.

Anyhow, not that it is a big deal to me, but to the people up there – oh boy.

I’d figure Tom would have known better, but he doesn’t. You would have thought he would have known (he probably does about the Sox and Yanks) rivalry, but he must not care.

According to boston.com

“We know that Tom has an array of Red Sox caps from which to choose,” said team spokesguy Dr. Charles Steinberg. “But we fully respect that he needed to wear a suitable disguise for his own health and protection. We don’t doubt that he’s a card-carrying member of Red Sox Nation.


For me, it’s just a hat; however, knowing Ian from Sox and Dawgs, my buddy in Marblehead, the girls from Babes Love Baseball and the rest of Red Sox, Brady wearing a Yankee cap is akin being Benedict Arnold. I'm sure he's got a Sox cap or two, or three, perhaps many and um, I don;t exactly buy the excuse from his spokesperson.

If some paparazzi can find him, I'm sure an obsessive sports fan could too.

I don’t think Tom Brady cares, but New England sports fans are a completely different breed…

I don’t think he’ll be public enemy number one, but the shine on his otherwise great image has been dulled a little.

Even here from Maryland, you have to wonder what Tom Brady was thinking…

I still like him at least.

Clothes do make the athlete, lest have forgotten what happen last week in Baltimore in Baltimore with Gary Throne and Curt Schillings sock?

New England cares what their athletes wear and how they sport their goods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I find so amazing about Hat Gate is that is was not a big deal when Big Papi came to spring training last year in a Vick jersey or when Schilling wore a Roethlisberg jersey on Best Damned Sports Show just days before the AFC Championship game against the Pats/Steelers. How is this any different?????

Unknown said...

I have no idea --- New England fans are just very sensitive and care about their teams very much...

That has just been my experience.

I think a lot of has to do with Brady's stature and what he represents to that region and all Patriots fans.

I think part of it is that Sox fans hate Yankee fans, and vice versa...

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads