Tuesday, May 1, 2007

In Memorandum; Josh Hancock, St. Louis Cardinals Reliever...

Life, is more often than that is about overcoming the hard times, rather than relishing it when the times are good.

Death is a part of life, but it does not make dealing with it any easier.

The St. Louis Cardinals faced that once with Darryl Kile.

They are facing it again with the loss of Josh Hancock.

I am the same age as Josh Hancock, and I often drive on the interstate everyday, but we take life for granted much way too much.

It is perhaps a tired cliché, but it’s true.

I really did not know much about Mr. Hancock, aside from he was just a reliever with the Cardinals and was a part of the World Series team last year.

Even though there are now reports of alleged drinking a few hours before his accident, and an accident a few days before he lost his life, Josh Hancock was a man who was in the prime of his career and just beginning life.

To me, he’s a young man who died sadly way too soon. Whether he made a mistake or not isn’t the issue, it’s the fact he’s in another place and at peace now.

I feel for the Cardinals organization, and the fans in the region, who have shown nothing but loyalty and unconditional love for their Redbirds.

Josh, from a fellow baseball fan, rest in a peace.

To the Cardinals and their fan base, I empathize with the loss and may you all rebound from it.

2 comments:

Nick said...

I feel the same way...I'm still in college, but Hancock went to my school, Auburn University, less than ten years ago. I know personally when I think of ten years from now I think of getting married, settling down, and a job. I never think about not being around. There are just so many things that make you step back and try not to take stuff for granted anymore and this is one of them.

Unknown said...

Agreed Nick. I am at that point too, settling down, family, finances for the future; therefore, knowing I could go at any moment, though the statistics say otherwise.

You might as well do what you want to do life, and as they say, "live each day like it is your last..."

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads