Friday, August 3, 2007

Here We Go Again -- Free the Birds, Part Deux...

I'm not trying to promote the event, but for those who are interested, Nestor Aparicio, the owner of WNST (a sports talk radio station in Baltimore) is gathering plans to hold his second really at Camden Yards.

You read more details here.

I was at the game last year where they held their protest; in theory, while I agree with it, it should not have been done during a game and I find that highly disrespectful of the players on the field, no matter how you feel about them.

I'd like to see how it is done this year, and I really like WNST -- it's a great sports talk radio station, but I'm not going to join it and walk out on the team.

I'd rather see WNST get fans to wear black and scream at the top of their lungs in support of the O's, and make their case in the park or outside it.

The line is crossed when fans walk out on a team.

Overall, I admire Nestor's passion and he speaks a lot truth as to how Oriole fans feel in general about the organization and Peter Angelos.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads