Monday, January 22, 2007

Happy Trails, Bill -- Parcells Retiring from Coaching...

I just read this, but it seems that coach Bill Parcells is leaving the Cowboys & perhaps from coaching for good. In his time with the Cowboys, he made 2 playoff appearances, but got bumped out early in both. He was 34-30 in four seasons in Dallas, and after his devastating loss to the Seahawks in this first round of the playoffs due to a botched punt attempt, he looked tired and weary.

This may be very well the end for Bill Parcells, as he ends an amazing career that featured two Super Bowl wins. He's been known lately as a coach who comes into franchises that are dead and revitalizes them, and he's done that in the past with the Giants, Jets, Patriots and now the Cowboys.

After the drama of '06-07 along with the constant demands and stress of coaching, I would not blame him for hanging it up. I have joked with some friends, that I love for him to coach my team, but I would not want to play for him, because of his toughness and mind games - although it is to get the best of each individual player.

Even though he coached against my beloved Redskins many times and served as a nemesis, I always respected the job he did coaching and his desire to win.

He goes out as one of my favorite coaches of all time, and for the work done, Bill, I salute you.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads