Thursday, January 11, 2007

Quick Hits...

Sometimes I need to think before I speak (or write). I was a crass with another blogger over a particular post and went over the line. I’ve got thick skin, but I also have sense and a conscience, so sometimes you have to do what’s right.

You live and learn, and at my ripe old age, sometimes I need to be careful and read in between the lines.

David Beckham: What can you say? I have no idea if he’s worth 250 million dollars over 5 years, but Los Angeles will be a happening soccer town. I’m sure he’ll be even bigger and better now that he’s across the pond and he’ll have a lot of paparazzi to deal with here – I mean not that England didn’t have them, you know?

Soccer will now be the hot ticket.

If anything, he’ll help to foster the game here and perhaps it will help all of the MLS and his peers take the game to the next level. I’ll be looking to seeing him when he comes to Washington D.C. or New York.

More kids will want to be Beckham. I’m not sure that girls will not want to be Posh Spice though.

Barry, Barry, Barry: Well, at least the news came out AFTER Cal and Tony got into the Hall of Fame. According to the AP, Mr. Bonds had tested positive for amphetamine use. Now, I know we are all after Barry and we really, really, really hate him, but if he’s using uppers and possibly steroids, who else might be using drugs? I’d say a lot of the fringe players and everyday ones do it to keep their jobs. I'd imagine quite a bit take drugs and substances that are in question.

To be perfectly honest, I no longer look at athletes as part of the moral fabric. Sorry, everyone from all spectrums of life cheat and lie to get ahead and its bit unrealistic to assert that athletes won’t or can’t do so. Barry is a product of today’s’ American society, and the thought of cheating to win, is sadly a fact of life and people are celebrated for it.

We should rail against his drug use and his bloated numbers from it, but we should not be all that surprised that anyone cheated in any facet of life to get ahead.

Like I always say, the court of public opinion will take care of those who cheating in sports


Ravens Football: I am a ‘Skins fan by heart, but a Ravens fan by acquired taste. I am going to enjoy this weekend’s games, for sure and will tailgate with friends unless something comes up. It’s a big deal here in Maryland right now, and the Ravens with their tough D will give Peyton a hard time. According to Roch Kubtako, Cal Ripken will be involved with the pregame festivities.

The game really intrigues me the San Diego versus New England. San Diego may have won 14 games and have L.T, but sorry, as I told someone today, I can not bet against Tom Brady – ever.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads