Saturday, January 13, 2007

Quick Hits: Rodrigo and the Ravens

Rodrigo: The erstwhile pitcher for the O's is gone from the beautiful state of Maryland and now in the Rocky Mountains. All in all, he was a fairy decent pitcher, considering where he was signed from. He won 15 game a a few times and was counted on being a fairly, consistent pitcher most of the time.

Then came 2006. He sucked it up - badly. I always figure it was a bad year, but his attitude due to his failures in 2006 didn't exactly endear him to anyone. Since baseball is a business, rather than a game anymore, he needed to go and a 4 million dollar reliever doesn't appeal to the O's, although we've got Baez.

Rodrigo, you were cool and did your job here the best you could. Happy trails, live long and prosper in Colorado. I'm not going to diss him, as he once stood out for 30-45 minutes and signed for fans, and I got his John Hancock.

Since I need to reach out and touch with my fellow bloggers, here's a roll call of the Rodrigo coverage.

* Camden Chat made me laugh so hard with their post on Rodrigo. Perhaps a little mean, but most O's fans can relate to the sentiment in the post. The proof is in the pictures - Link

* Oriole Central gives their say, but without the blatant humor, though they get their shots - Link

* The Baltimore Sun story - Link

The Ravens: Today will be big day here in Maryland. I live outside of Washington D.C. and no one really cares them here. It was a sea of purple at my job on Friday, but I'm on the wagon and I'm going to support the Purple and Black. Since I live in Maryland, we all might as well support the Ravens, you know.

I say the Ravens beat the Colts if they sport the "D" and don't let Peyton run up the score. If the Ravens can score 20, Indy is done.

I'll be tailgating up there and I'll see if I can get a ticket. If worse comes to worse, I'll just to go a bar and make some new friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. If I want to go tailgate at Gillette and don't get a ticket, I can't just go walk around Baltimore and hit some cool bars. Damn high-priced Boston land!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was at Gilette in November (Bears and Pats). Why in the world is a stadium in Foxboro? It should be in Boston, near civilization.

That's a long way from Boston, and seriously, it's in the middle of nowhere.

I'd never been to an NFL playoff game until today, but it was something to behold. I feel like an old man right now after being on my feet for 11 hours - sheesh. I ended up buying an extra ticket from an Indy fan and for a decent price, so all in all, it was a good day.

Thanks for the support. You guys have a shot at beating SD - I never bet against Brady.

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads