Monday, January 29, 2007

Quick Hits: Quickie Updates and MLB Stuffage

Sorry for the lack of activity this morning, I had a travel to see a client with my everyday job, as well as cover the Nationals' Winter Caravan at the University of Maryland this afternoon. I'll have the Chicago Cubs done tonight, but at the moment, I am very much behind with things.

Schilling will be in the fold for ’08: Erstwhile pitcher Curt Schilling will not return after this year as he has exclaimed in the past. In an interview with WEEI, Schill asserted, “I’ll play in 2008”

He also added, "Over the last probably 5-6 months and my wife and kids and I have been talking and we came to conclusion about a week or 10 days ago that I was not going to retire in 2007, that I was going to go ahead," Schilling told WEEI. "I always believed physically I was going to be more than OK, I feel like last year, while I certainly didn't have a year like I know I could have, toward the end I became a lot healthier and my wife and kids want me to continue to play which was the only reason I was retiring in the first place.”

Okay, Schill. I’m sure Boston will be happy, but Yanks fans, um, not so much.

Bonds a Giant - could it not be any other way? Barry Bonds is expected to complete the final negotiations towards a new contract for ’07. Much of the delay could be attributed to federal probe of him and his drug use, along with the recent positive test for amphetamines.

Orioles Updates from Roch Kubatko: Roch Kubatko updates us on some former Orioles, pitchers around the league and more FanFest stuff.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads