Sunday, January 14, 2007

Quick Hits


Dave Letterman’s Top Ten – Hall of Fame Edition: If you missed the Top Ten with Cal Ripken and Tony Gwynn on CBS, here it is:

* The Link : Go Here.

Ripken Commercial: I found this on YouTube. I am going guess this was done towards the very end of his career, and it features him, some audio highlights of the big moments of his career. His daughter appears at the end wanting to go home.



More Rodrigo: Fellow blogger, Jason at My Baseball Bias gives his take on the Rodrigo Lopez trade. He takes a look at Rodrigo's numbers and seeing them jump out on the screen tells you all need to know as to why he's no longer an Oriole.

News on an old friend, good ol' Bruce Chen: The Minnesota Twins are interested in another former Oriole, Bruce Chen. He may be used in the pitching rotation as a spot starter or in the bullpen. Bruce was was 0-7 with a 6.93 ERA with the O's last season after winning 13 games the year before in 2005. There's a reason why he'd been with 8 teams, as he seemingly had never got himself together until 2005, and then completely failed. He'll pitch for someone since he's left handed, but his stuff needs to be spot on in order for him to succeed.

Real nice guy though; however, I do find him real corny & very unfunny. Those who have been to Oriole Park know what I mean...

(Thanks to Babes that Love Baseball for the tip.)


Honorable Mention: A great site I found the other night was Babes That Love Baseball, a Minnesota Twins Blog. Anyhow, I opted to exchange links with her and in the course of talking via email, we talked about baseball (of course) and I showed her a gallery of Minnesota Twins pictures I had taken. On her site, she created a little nifty gallery of some pictures that were shared.

Check it out – she knows her baseball and the Twins!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rememebr that commercial, and when my mom cried watching it for the first time...what can I say, we love baseball in our family!

Unknown said...

Very cool, anon. I had not seen that commercial in years, but it was pleasant little surprise I did.

Especially looking back and now with Cal going to the Hall, it's something special.

Sooze said...

Most touching commerical ever.

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads