Saturday, January 13, 2007

Youtube is Great - The Good, Bad and the Ugly of Sports Videos...

I was scouring Youtube this morning and decided to find some funny baseball video since I did not feel like writing much this morning, as I am getting stoked to tailgate, hang out with friends and hopefully catch some football.

Anyhow, maybe very week or two, I’ll post a series of videos on the Oriole Post that I find alluring, amusing or downright weird and scary. I’ll focus mostly on baseball, but if I see something worthy, it’s being posted.

Alas, here are my first six baseball related videos.

Youtube is amazing.

God bless Youtube, America, and the users who upload to it.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to add video, feel free to leave a comment or email me at mdguy2415@aol.com!




Ok, the hair is bad and clothes are a little uncool, and I don’t really like country music outside Johnny Cash or Toby Keith, but the Oakridge Boys honor Nolan Ryahn who happens to be one of my favorite pitchers of all time, and a complete badass.



This video is of Joe Mauer of the Minnesota Twins with a play on Mean Joe Green’s famous Coke commercial in the 1970’s. This is a commercial promoting the Minnesota Twins and their young star, Joe Mauer. I think this is funny and very *cute*.

I cannot believe I just used the word cute in that fashion.



The original Mean Joe Greene Coke video - classic, simple and just awesome.



I think this Ichiro commercial is funny. As we know, as my friend Janice would say, he’s “got mad skills”.

However, I don’t think I have ever heard him speak in English until this video.



I think Tommy Lasorda is awesome, and I loved him in the series of commercials promoting the 2006 season. This one was my favorite, by far and maybe the girls might have something to do with it.



This video has nothing to do with baseball, but it’s so bad it’s good. Anyhow, this video deals with Vince McMahon singing (lip syncing) and dancing with some girls and wrestlers in the background. I have no idea if he channeled James Brown or found some soul, but I give him credit for being so brazen. It was so good, I mean so bad I played it three times…



My last video for now, but it's a goodie. I love this video, and I'm sure it's been viewed all over already on the internet and on talk shows. It's being posted because I love it, I find it fascinating, and maybe there might be someone who has not ever seen it. This a video that chronicles the history and evolution of Dance from probably the 1950's to the current day.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads