Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quick Hits - Orioles Fanfest

I've been hearing this rumor floating around for a little while, and Roch's blog from the Baltimore Sun mentioned it as well. The Orioles have tentatively scheduled Fanfest for Saturday March 29, 2008 at Camden Yards, and plan on using the same format as last year. Roch joked that this schedule meant no interference with Raven's playoffs and was easier than working around the Convention Center's schedule as well.

Due to work, I didn't get to attend the new format at the park, but I've heard mixed reviews from those who attended. Many complaints were made about the weather - in Baltimore, it is not unusual for March to still be freezing cold outside, and snow on the ground. I remember last years' weather, and it was cold outside - not exactly conducive to standing around, waiting in long lines. Other complaints brought to my attention were the lack of 'Baby Birds' - meaning our minor league farm system - because of the event being held after Spring Training, and no real new news that goes in conjunction with Spring Training coming up, and what to expect in the upcoming season.

Now, I'm a little disappointed - I thoroughly enjoyed the event when it was held at the Convention Center in the middle of winter. I had something to look forward to, and it was fun to get to hear the different panels on what to expect to see in Spring Training and beyond. However, because I didn't go last year, I can't really say if I think this change is for the better or not. Obviously, the Oriole organization must have had enough positive feedback to warrant repeating this new format. For those of you who went, what did you think and do you think this change is a good thing?

~B

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads