Book of Shadows A Movie?
Well, it looks like business is about to pick up for Barry Bonds, whether he likes it or not.
According to the AP, HBO Films is planning to turn a best selling book about the home run king’s alleged steroid use and the federal government’s wide-ranging probe into performance enhancing drug use in sports into a movie, one of the book’s authors said Thursday.
The Hot Stove Report:
* According to CNNsi.com, Johan Santana has company on the trade market. According to league sources, the A’s, within the past couple days, have begun calling teams to seek interest in star pitcher Dan Haren, one of the better right-handers in the American League.
* It looks like Troy Percival has found a new home in Tampa Bay. He was signed to a two-year contract Friday, addressing a pressing need to improve one of the worst bullpens in the major leagues. The 38-year-old right-hander, who came out of retirement to go 3-0 with a 1.80 ERA in 34 appearances for St. Louis in 2007, will make $8 million during the next two seasons. In addition, he'll have a chance to earn another $4 million-plus in performance incentives.
* Free-agent infielder Cesar Izturis agreed Friday to a one-year, $2.85 million, one-year contract with the Cardinals. It looks like David Eckstein may be on his way out of St. Louis.
* The Gambler, Kenny Rogers decided on Friday to end his free agency and return to the Tigers for a third season. He agreed to a one-year deal with Detroit, with the terms and amount unspecified
* Spurned by the Mets, catcher Yorvit Torrealba is staying in themile high air in Colorado, agreeing Thursday to a two-year deal worth about $7 million with a mutual option for 2010.