Sunday, March 2, 2008

Florida, Angelos and Brian Roberts

Well, I am currently in Florida now, and I kind of did not do anything yesterday baseball related, as since I left the cold of Maryland, I more or less wanted to enjoy the warm weather here - so I went to the beach and caught the sites of the Tampa area.

Right now, I'm getting ready to head out to see the Yankees and Phillies at Legends Field in Tampa. I'll try to have pictures up as soon as I can tonight.

The intrepid Ian from Sox and Dawgs (who is kind of my eyes and ears when I have become busy or away) sent me this via email last night about some Oriole news, this time related to Pater Angelos and the Brian Roberts situation...

From MLB Trade Rumors:This morning it was reported that the Cubs had two scouts at the Orioles' spring game yesterday to watch Brian Roberts.

Now, several people have written in to let us now that Bruce Levine of ESPN 1000 is reporting that Peter Angelos has given Andy MacPhail the green light to trade Roberts. It has long been rumored that Angelos might have been holding up the trade to the Cubs because of his personal affection for Roberts. With Angelos' blessing, this deal may finally happen in the next few days.


With the unfortunate Mark DeRosa situation going on in Cub-land, could Chicago perhaps be in the midst of a move? I thought a little about this and obviously it would make more sense than ever now for the Cubs to trade for Roberts and the Orioles to really get what they want.

Take it for what it's worth, but if the Cubs want to trade for Roberts, this would be a prime time for Baltimore to take advantage. Also, with Angelos' supposed blessing, the Orioles can finally move forward in the team's rebuilding.

Of course, take the rumors for what it's worth and a grain of salt.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads