Monday, March 31, 2008

Live From Opening Day -- Thoughts So Far

Well, the Orioles are up 2-0 in the second inning, and although it is not freezing, it's not warm either. I'm jammed in a seat, uncomfortable and there are people next to me wondering if I am sane for bringing my laptop to the game and trying to get my own personal (actual) work done & blog a little.

I have to do what I have to do.

Some thoughts:

* The crowd. I have never seen Camden Yards as empty as is now for Opening Day. There cannot be more than 33-35,000 people here and there are large sections of the stadium (we are talking about rows upon rows) empty. It's shocking and in a way tragic as to how things have transpired the last few years. Let us hope we are not going down the road of a Pittsburgh. If that's one thing that's positive, the fans in attendance are lively.

* Aubrey Huff. Did he ever get it -- good lord. The booing by the home crowd was bad, I'd say 95% of the fans did it. He'd better start producing, or it will never end. I'm sure a 40 home run year will get him back into the good graces of fans.

* Kevin Millar. He repeated his dance from last year, and added his kind of poor attempt at the moonwalk.

* The scoreboard looks great; however, I am not a big fan of the fonts used, it's like someone at home decided to use Verdana fonts, rather than something that stands out. The layout is splendid though.

I'm not going to do the picture thing until I get home...

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads