Thursday, March 8, 2007

More Steroid Fallout – A New Name to the List…

More Steroid Fallout – A New Name to the List…

According to CNN, former pitcher Darren Holmes admits to ordering and receiving HGH as an alternative cure for chronic shoulder pain, but says he didn't use it.


“…Holmes, 40, who last pitched for the Braves in '03 and runs youth baseball and softball academies in the Carolinas. He was very up front with us and admitted ordering and receiving the HGH. He says the testosterone was included -- unsolicited, he says -- in the package. He says he ordered the growth hormone after trolling the Internet and looking for an alternative cure to his shoulder pain. "I'm being as honest as I can," he says. "[When the box came] My wife looked at me and said, 'Are you sure you really want to do this?' I said, 'You know what, I'm not comfortable. I don't know if this is right for me.'" He says the unsolicited testosterone made him particularly skeptical. "I threw the box away and never used it.”


In other news in the steroid mess, according to ESPN, The Angels growing frustrated by Gary Matthews refusal to provide information about his alleged purchase of HGH and haven't ruled out disciplining their new $50 million outfielder if he doesn't offer details in the coming weeks, according to a story in Thursday's New York Daily News.

Angels owner, Arte Moreno is not happy.

The Angels can try to do something, but the team may not be able to do much of anything, considering the legalities of the issue and the stance of Major League Baseball.

In light of it all, it’s great to finally see a team at least taking a semi-stance against drugs use and trying usher in consequences.

Also gold medalist, Kurt Angle, gives his reason for his drug use.

He says, “I did not improperly receive prescriptions. It is well documented that in my career I have broken vertebrae in my neck on five occasions and each time the course of treatment was under the care and supervision of my doctors. Any attempt to link me to the athletes in the current news accounts who may have improperly sought performance-enhancing drugs is without foundation." (CNNsi)

At least he admitted he used it, albeit for medical purposes.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads