Friday, March 9, 2007

My New Toy: The PowerMac G5...


Ok, this is non baseball related, but my new purchase will make my life a lot easier, work and tech wise…

This week, I bought an Apple Power Mac G5 from someone off Craig’s List because I have always wanted one and I needed something a lot more reliable than what I have now (an HP laptop).

As we all know, Mac pretty much has gone to the forefront of the music thanks to the IPod and ITunes, and I’ve always liked the company, but never had a compelling reason to buy a new machine, since I used my laptop to do 95% of my work.

I cost me about a grand or so, as I just bought the desktop only, and it’s been a source of strength for me only about 24 hours, as I did a lot of stuff related my blogging, writing and even more importantly, graphic work, movie production and photos. Unlike my laptop, even though it has 2GB of RAM can churn and churn, I noticed the PowerMac moved like a new luxury car – quiet and relaxing.

Jumping from window to window was easy, and there was no delay in the OS, unlike in Microsoft Windows.

The machine is huge, but works like a charm, wonderful and efficient. I never wound have found myself buying a Mac, but all in all, it’s been great.

I will probably buy a new laptop in the near future, which will be a Mac, but I am in love with my new baby, the G5.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads