Thursday, March 15, 2007

My March Madness Has Been Made -- Duke Loses...

VCU! VCU! VCU! VCU! VCU!

My March Madness has been made - Duke is gone in the first round! Richmond's own Virginia Commonwealth University beat the Blue Devils 79-77.

Sorry, I am from ACC land, and as Terp fan, you have no idea how much a Duke loss in the NCAA Tourney especially in the first round means. I dislike the Duke Blue Devils more than I do the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys and Los Angeles Lakers (mainly because of Kobe) combined.

Bobby Knight lost too, and I hate him, but he adds a whole another element to basketball...

If you want some real awesome coverage of March Madness, go to the WBRS Sports Blog with an all day party going on hosted by the illustrious Mini-Me.

My beloved Turtles beat Davidson 82-70, but if it was a 35 minute game, my team goes home...

4 comments:

Ian said...

I am with you on hating Duke. I've disliked them for the longest time so I am glad Coach K will be sitting home. I hear the cries from Bristol since Dickie V. is up there right now.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA

There's nothing funnier than a first round Duke elimination! (You know...other than the Devil Rays beating the tar out of the Yankees or something.)

FEAR THE TURTLE!!!!

Sami Ghazi said...

That kid Maynor was incredible. I really enjoyed watching him play, and am glad we get another chance to do just that.

Unknown said...

Glad to know we are all in agreement with our Duke hatred, I mean dislike :)

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads