Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Radio Show Debuting, A-Rod and Pete Rose...

Well, I am making a foray into broadcasting along with other bloggers – um, internet radio that is.

Ian of Random Thoughts, Jason of My Baseball Bias along with myself will have a new show on the Blog Talk Radio Network called The Hits Keep Coming..., weekly show that spans the world of baseball, and we talk about the latest and greatest news, topics and points of interest in the game today.

The inaugural show is at 7 pm Eastern Time tonight, and join us every Wednesdays at the same time. More info can be found at The Hits Keep Coming... page.

Podcasting and show downloads will be made available shortly...

***

Wither A-Rod… Well, possibly the most conflicted athlete in the game, Alex Rodriguez has once again opined on his situation in New York and states he wants to stay in the Big Apple.

He asserted on the Mike and the Mad Dog Show on WFAN: "You're asking me what my sincere feeling is. I want to 100 percent stay in New York. Period. That's it. I don't know how many ways I can say it." … "Either New York is going to kick me out of New York this year, say 'I've had enough of this guy, get him the hell out of here,' and we have an option. Or New York is going to say, 'Hey, we won a world championship, you had a big year, you were a part of it and we want you back.'"

Wow.

Alex, um … would it be not be a good idea if you just went out did your job and worry about everything works out in the end?

I’m sure that stress of New York City must bother you, but in all honesty, did you not know what you were getting into when you agreed in 2004 to the trade?

I feel sorry for him - - almost.

I don’t have much sympathy for a man who makes $25 million plus a year, roughly at least 10 lifetimes of salary for me and probably much more for others. For man who gets as paid as much as he does, it does no good to whine about your state of affairs with the world.

In all honesty, 9999 out of 10000 people would want your life, and I for $250,000 per year would clean up the locker room, do the laundry, mow the grass on the field, and do more for that money for the privilege to be on a sports team.

In the end, Alex, just worry about the game and not what’s around you.

Pete Rose Exhibit in the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame: Baseball legend and infamous personality, Pete Rose attended the opening of his exhibit in his honor in the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame.

"Everything should be for the fans," Rose said Tuesday before a preview party celebrating Saturday's opening of a special exhibit in his honor at the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame. "If they retired my number here, don't you think the fans would be elated?

As well, Rose felt that the fans would be, "elated" if baseball reinstated him. (CNNsi)


Um, me – I think you should be honored, and in the Hall of Fame; however, you’d probably be in it already if you had been a lot more contrite and actually sorry for what you did to the sport beforehand…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the radio show!

Sooze said...

You guys are doing awesome. I'm so sad I couldn't join you today! But I'm listening!

Ian said...

That was a blast.....

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads