Friday, March 23, 2007

The Oriole Post in Sports Illustrated...

Well, today was a good day for me, and the blog itself.

This morning, I got an email from a reader noting that Oriole Post was in Sports Illustrated as a featured website/blog covering the Baltimore Orioles.

Needless to say, the news was great to hear, but I wanted to see if this was all true.

I drove to Wal-Mart after seeing a client this morning, and I rushed to the magazine section. My eyes scanned the magazine rack, and I quickly whipped out the Baseball Preview with Japanese phenom, Daisuke Matsuzaka on the cover.

I scanned the magazine, and went straight to the Orioles preview on page 85. Thereafter, I saw my blog listed as one of the featured fan or site which features information & news on the Orioles. I got grouped with Camden Chat, Roch Around the Clock, and the Orioles Warehouse, all great and very informative blogs and websites.

To have seen the blog in the print magazine is a great thrill; therefore, it serves as validation that blogs and independent websites are on the sports radar. With the technology at our disposal, anyone can go online, create their little space or haven, and feel free to express what they desire.

I’d like to thank the regular readers of the blog for their support, criticism (constructive or otherwise) and the kind words over the past several months.

I’m still a neophyte in the world of sports blogging, and there are those who cover the sport better than I do; however, it is an honor to be mentioned in a prestigious publication such as Sports Illustrated.


5 comments:

Ian said...

you have to publicize it now for people to vote for you..

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's great news.

Anonymous said...

Great news, indeed! It's nice to find out that SI, at least, thinks bloggers are worth a mention.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for the comments, they are greatly appreciated!

It's wonderful that SI is finally giving us bloggers our due...

Anonymous said...

After you told me about this via email yesterday Anthony I went home and grabbed my baseball preview issues and low and behold there it was. Congrats man that is huge! I made sure to drop a vote for you.

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads