Saturday, March 31, 2007

Road Trip Stop: Philadelphia, Pa. - Citizens Bank Park


Well, I have been around the country and have seen a lot of ball parks, but for some reason I never made it up to Philadelphia and their stadium, Citizen's Bank Park, although I am about 2 hours away from that great city.

Yesterday, I decided to leave work early and take in some baseball.

The Boston Red Sox looked good, and gave the Phillies a hard time. J.D. Drew (who got a lot of heat), Manny Ramirez and Kevin Youkilis homered. I left in the eighth inning because I was cold and wanted to get on the road back home.

The park was not sold out, but there was major Red Sox representation in Philly.

I got glimpse of Daisuke Matsuzaka throwing and all, but I didn’t see anything much out of him because I could not snap photos and I was too busy running around (scroll to see my battery story).

However, few, if any players signed autographs coming in and on the field. I find that real of unsettling considering the amount of people there and support the teams.

My first impression of the ballpark was that it had a nice look and lot to offer and see; however, I found it a bit plastic and sterile. In light of that, there was a lot to do and there is not a bad area to view a game at in the park.

I sat along third base line about seven rows back and had a great view. The sound system in the park is great, and every park should consider getting the scoreboard they have in Philly (Atlanta has the best).

The park had a great vibe, and I really enjoyed myself.

I’m sorry I didn’t get more photos aside from the first 2 minutes of batting practice, but my SLR camera uses AA batteries, and I didn’t take the batteries I normally use, and bought some at some-hole-in-the-wall-gas station.

I bought 8 AA batteries. All were dead.

The park didn’t sell them, and I was a disappointed man.

All being said, I intend to visit Philly and Citizen's Bank Park at least a few times this 2007 season.

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads