Monday, January 1, 2007

Quick Hits - Oriole and MLB Stuff...

2006 has come and gone, and 2007 is here! Last night, I just spent some time with family and just watched the festivities on TV, rather than go out in the rain and deal with the traffic, police and the hassle. Throw in the rain & the inclement weather, the year wound up quiet for me, and for a change I appreciated the calm.

I appreciate the emails that have been sent to me, and the posters who have left comments. I enjoy doing this, and I hope in 2007 to expand the blog with more pictures, video, commentary and perhaps try to get some interviews as well down the road. Since I may be on the road for vacation and traveling, I'll try to get in a lot of baseball and content from my trips!

* The Orioles.com website has a new article on their website about young arms for the Orioles, Erik Bedard, Adam Loewen and Daniel Cabrera called "Three Young Arms to Lead O's in '07: Bedard, Carbrera, Loewen Will Aim to Prove They Are For Real."

Much of the success for the Orioles in 2007 will lie with the pitching and expectations are running high. Within the article, you got a lot of insight from Sam Perlozzo, his reflections of '06 and how good the pitching staff can be down the road.

As well, you get a quick rundown of the offseason progress, and what else the team might need to improve.

* Check out Orioles Hangout's Top Prospects of 2006 article. A great read, and it will help you get caught up with the team's future down at the lower levels.

* I'll check in with the Orioles on Tuesday to see about the Fanfest situation. The Ravens won yesterday, and a playoff game might be held on Jan. 14 in Baltimore. From what I understood talking to the rep for the Orioles', the event might be pushed back to another date if it is scheduled for the same date as a Ravens' home playoff game.

* Now is a good time as any to look into the future, so you should check out MLB's 2007 Year in Preview.

* Also, you can take a look back at 2006 on MLB.com. The article is aptly named The Last Word: Closing Out a Memorable '06

* Ryan Howard tidbit: Ken Rosenthanl reports that Ryan Howard needs a new agent & is looking at Leon Rose, the agent for NBA superstars LeBron James and Allen Iverson. However, Howard and his reps have denied the report.

* A special thanks to some great friends of mine who kept me warm at the Ravens' tailgate yesterday. Tony, Pug, Dad, Tom or ever else I missed, thanks for the food, the conversation and treating me like one of your own. Have a good new year, be safe and thanks for the friendship over the past few years. I'll see you in town a few weeks from now! Glad to see your boys won and the best of luck to the team!

No comments:

Proud Partner: Ticket Network

We have top views at Orioles, games, plus a loaded NFL, schedule. Check these tix to Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

Proud Partner - Crisp Ads

CrispAds Blog Ads